- NDAC: A diagnostic assessment (including observations, record review, developmental history, psychological testing, report of findings, and recommendations for further services) typically costs $2,700-$3,200 and is completed in a single visit. We bill at $300/hr.
- JumpStart: One week of JumpStart (30 hours of 1:1 parent and child coaching, including a written report of ongoing treatment plans for home and therapy) costs about $3,500. JumpStart is often funded for children under age 3 by Golden Gate Regional Center
- CCC: Complex assessments are billed at $300/hr. An assessment typically takes place over 4 – 7 visits and includes an in-depth written report.
- SBCC: Behavior consult is billed at $200 to $300 per hr depending on staffing. Consultations often take place in 1 -3 visits of a few hours each. For IEE and IME cost estimates, please contact the clinic directly.
Third Party Insurance
ACNC has a growing network of third party payer networks. We are committed to expanding our relationships with medical insurers to serve as many families as possible. Currently, we have contractual relationships with:
- Beacon Health Options (Medi-Cal), including:
- San Francisco Health Plan
- Alameda Alliance
- Central California Alliance for Health
- Health Plan of San Mateo (Medi-Cal)
- Contra Costa Health Plan (Medi-Cal)
- Partnership Health Plan (Medi-Cal)
If we don’t have a contractual relationship with your insurer, we are sometimes able to create a single-case agreement in order to fund your child’s appointment. Please contact us for more information.
Diagnostic assessments for children who have not yet received a diagnosis and who are already clients of Golden Gate Regional Center may be eligible for assessment at ACNC if referred by their GGRC case worker. Please contact GGRC for more information.
Some large corporations, including many of the prominent Silicon Valley companies, have special benefits for families with a child with an autism spectrum disorder. We recommend asking your employer about these services, especially if you are employed by Apple, Oracle, Google, FaceBook, Intel, or eBay.
All insurance companies do business a bit differently. We recommend that you call your medical provider to verify whether your benefits may cover assessment with us.
The table below lists the CPT codes we bill most often. The right hand column shows the number of hours we might bill under each of these codes.
Our ACNC Clinical Coordinator Raizel DeWitt (415-391-3417/ firstname.lastname@example.org) woul be glad to give you a sense of how long an assessment you seek might take.
|CPT Code||Description||Range of Hrs.|
|90791||Diagnostic evaluation (non-medical)||2-6|
|Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing|
|96111||Extended Developmental Testing||2-4|
|96116||Neurobehavioral Status Exam||1-2|
|96118||Neuropsychological testing (1)||2-6|
|90837||Family Feedback Meeting||1-2|
(1) A few companies require this be done by a clinician who is both a licensed clinical psychologist and a board certified pediatric neuropsychologist. Please ask about this.
Concierge and Tele-medical Service
We offer concierge service to families seeking a higher level of attention. Concierge service includes special call-back arrangements for urgent situations, quick contact with your child’s school or therapeutic staff, and prompt availability for school visits. We also offer video-based consultation and care for out-of-state and international families. For more detail, contact Raizel DeWitt (email@example.com).