- NDAC: A diagnostic assessment (including observations, record review, developmental history, psychological testing, report of findings, and recommendations for further services) typically costs $1,500-$2,000 and is completed in 1 to 2 visits.
- JumpStart: One week at JumpStart (30 hours of 1:1 parent and child coaching), including a written report of ongoing treatment plans for home and therapy, costs about $3,500. JumpStart is often funded for children under age 3 by regional center, or by medical insurance as “Focused ABA.”
- The Autism Home Clinic: is billed at $200/hr. Most visits are 1-2 hours with an additional hour if a written report is needed. This typically costs about $500 and may be covered by medical insurance.
- School and Behavior Consultation Program: is billed at $200/hr. Most visits involve both a review of current and past behavior plans and school interventions, and the development of new treatment plans. This includes written guidelines for an IEP or specialized behavior program. The SBCC typically costs $1,500 and may be covered by medical insurance. The SBCC also provides independent educational evaluations (IEE) and civil and criminal litigation support (IME) by arrangement with Dr. Siegel.
Third Party Insurance
ACNC was founded in mid-2013 and has a growing network of third party payer networks. We are committed to expanding our relationships with medical insurers in order to serve as many families as possible. Currently, we have contractual relationships with:
- San Francisco Health Plan/Beacon Health (Medi-Cal)
- Health Plan of San Mateo (Medi-Cal)
- Contra Costa Health Plan (Medi-Cal)
- Partnership Health Plan (Medi-Cal)
If we don’t have a contractual relationship with your insurer, we are happy to work with you to create a single-case agreement in order to fund your child’s appointment. In the past, we have worked with families covered by:
- United Behavioral Health
Diagnostic assessment for children who have not yet received a diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder and who reside in the Golden Gate Regional Center catchment area (San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin Counties) may be eligible for assessment at ACNC if referred and funded by Golden Gate Regional Center under our contract with Golden Gate Regional Center.
Some large corporations, including many of the prominent Silicon Valley companies, have special benefits for families with a child with an autism spectrum disorder. We recommend asking your employer about these services, especially if you are employed by Apple, Oracle, Google, FaceBook, Intel, or E-Bay.
We offer private-pay assessments if your child is not covered for our services through insurance, regional center or Medi-Cal, or if you are an out-of state or international family.
A typical diagnostic assessment is estimated at $1,800. This amount varies depending on the length of the evaluation and the testing completed, as each appointment is customized to the family’s needs. Assessments are typically completed in a single day (6-10 billed hours), and additional visits are scheduled as needed.
Off site assessment for school or home visits for program assessment or behavior consultation can also be arranged as needed. Please contact Raizel DeWitt (email@example.com) to discuss consultation for the ACNC Clinic staff, and contact Shay Harati (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange consultation and follow-up visits for JumpStart Learning to Learn staff.
Dr. Siegel also provides a range of private consultation for Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs), education or developmental disability due process hearings, forensic consultation, and other litigation support involving autism spectrum disorders. She also provides in-service training on a range of autism-related topics. Please contact her directly about potential engagements and a fee schedule (email@example.com).
Concierge and Tele-medical Service
We offer concierge service to families seeking a higher level of attention. Concierge service includes special call-back arrangements for urgent situations, quick contact with your child’s school or therapeutic staff, and prompt availability for school visits. We also offer video-based consultation and care for out-of-state and international families. For more detail, contact Raizel DeWitt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All insurance companies do business a bit differently. We recommend that you call your medical provider to verify whether your benefits may cover assessment with us.
The table below lists the CPT codes we bill most often. The right hand column shows the number of hours we might bill under each of these codes.
Our ACNC Clinical Coordinator Raizel DeWitt (415-391-3417/ email@example.com) woul be glad to give you a sense of how long an assessment you seek might take.
|CPT Code||Description||Range of Hrs.|
|90791||Diagnostic evaluation (non-medical)||2-6|
|Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing|
|96111||Extended Developmental Testing||2-4|
|96116||Neurobehavioral Status Exam||1-2|
|96118||Neuropsychological testing (1)||2-6|
|90837||Family Feedback Meeting||1-2|
(1) A few companies require this be done by a clinician who is both a licensed clinical psychologist and a board certified pediatric neuropsychologist. Please ask about this.